People often complain that they tend to gain back all the weight that they have lost once they come off their diet plan and research has proven that it happens to 90% of the people who successfully managed to get lean through dieting. So, is there no point in dieting to lose weight? Yes, diet and exercise would help you lose weight but the real issue – are you following the right kind of diet? In this post, we will try to explore various factors that contribute to bouncing back of weight and find answers to this question, “why do you gain weight back after you stop dieting.?” So, without further ado, let us get started:
1. Being on a Unsustainable Diet: Fad diets that take you off almost every kind of food are not sustainable and though get you results, you would most probably gain all the extra pounds back too quickly. There are some diets that are totally unsustainable and unrealistic, and most of the extra baggage you lose is water weight. Severe food restrictions, food deprivation can all create cravings and once you are off the diet, you would gain a lot more weight than before. So, to lose weight and keep it off, you need to follow a good diet program such as the Rati Beauty diet, which keeps you on the right kind of food and helps you make lifestyle changes, without starving or food deprivation, so that you can stay lean forever. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.
2. Living a Sedentary Lifestyle: Dieting won’t do you much good if you lead a lazy and sedentary lifestyle. And by sedentary lifestyle, we mean physical inactivity for most part of the day. It is not at all healthy or advisable nor should it be in practice. Working out in the gym for one hour and then sitting at the work desk for the rest of the day, will undo all your efforts. Once you have lost weight, you should increase your exercise routine and activity level to maintain the current weight. Jogging and morning walks come highly recommended. Yoga and aerobic exercises also help to keep off the weight. Surya namaskar, which is a cluster of several yogasanas, boost metabolism and keep your whole body active.
3. Count Macros: This is a really effective and scientifically approved method of ensuring that one does not gain excessive weight, especially after suspension of a strict dietary regime. It ensures that the body gets the full nourishment it needs to function properly while at the same time, guaranteeing the body does not bounce to its original weight. Always practice portion control and make mindful eating a part of your lifestyle.
4. Stress is the Villain: Stress can prevent you from losing weight and accelerate the speed at which you can gain back weight. If you do not reduce stress levels, you always run the risk of gaining extra pounds and the leading reason behind that is – post suspension of diet – you become a victim of stress eating. Stress eating is a strict no no if one is serious about staying fit and slim. Stress also increases the level of cortisol. The disruption of cortisol not only aids in weight gain, it also encourages the body to store fat around the abdominal area. Read about “10 Tips to Lower Stress in order to Lose Weight.”
5. Lack of proper sleep: Insufficient sleep is one of the leading reasons for weight gain. And it might come as a surprise but for those who have been on a weight loss diet, post suspension of the diet, they are far more prone to regain the lost kilos if they are sleep deprived. Importantly, it’s really difficult to lose weight without 8 hours of proper sleep. Sleep deprivation lowers our metabolic rate to such a great degree that almost anything we eat gets stored up as fat in our body and that compounds to added weight. So, it is advisable to get good sleep especially after one stops dieting if one wishes not to regain those lost pounds.
So, these were the 5 most common factors that lead to weight gain post dieting.
10 Tips to Lower Stress in order to Lose Weight
15 Surprising Reasons How Your Home is Making you Gain Weight
The post 5 Reasons you Can Gain Weight Back After you Stop Dieting appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.