Jaguar Land Rover is feeling the pinch from semiconductor chip shortages, and its Range Rover Evoque is losing some features for 2022.
Semi-autonomous parking assist is no longer available, even as an option. The same applies to adaptive cruise control with steering assist, though all models still include adaptive cruise control.
A surround-view camera, previously standard fit across the range, is now optional.
The flagship R-Dynamic HSE swaps its illuminated treadplates for regular chrome ones, while the ClearSight digital rear-view mirror has moved to the option list.
Some standalone options like heated washer jets have also been removed, though these can still be added via option packages.
It hasn’t just been feature deletions, however.
The R-Dynamic HSE now has matrix LED headlights as standard fit, while the base R-Dynamic S has gone from 18- to 20-inch alloy wheels.
In-car wi-fi is also newly optional across the range.
Prices are unchanged for model year 2022, with the range still consisting of three petrol variants plus one diesel model.
- 2022 Range Rover Evoque P200 R-Dynamic S: $67,200
- 2022 Range Rover Evoque P250 R-Dynamic SE: $74,576
- 2022 Range Rover Evoque D200 R-Dynamic SE: $76,500
- 2022 Range Rover Evoque P250 R-Dynamic HSE: $79,276
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The 2022 Range Rover Evoque is available with a choice of three engines.
The P200 uses a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol four-cylinder engine with 147kW of power and 320Nm of torque, while the P250 has the same size engine but with 184kW and 365Nm.
The D200 uses a 2.0-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine with 150kW and 430Nm.
All models use a nine-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive.
P250 models do the 0-100km/h sprint in 7.6 seconds, while the D200 does it in 8.5 seconds and the P200 in 8.6 seconds.
The 2022 Range Rover Evoque uses 8.1L/100km on the combined cycle in P200 and P250 variants and 5.7L/100km in the D200.
Petrol models require 95RON premium unleaded fuel.
The 2022 Range Rover Evoque measures 4371mm long, 1649mm tall, and 1996mm wide (2100mm including the mirrors). It spans a 2681mm wheelbase.
Boot space measures 591L, expanding to 1383L with the second row folded.
Servicing and Warranty
The 2022 Range Rover Evoque is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty with five years of roadside assistance.
Land Rover offers a servicing plan to cover the Evoque for five years or 102,000km. This costs $1950.
The Range Rover Evoque has a five-star rating from ANCAP, based on testing conducted in 2019.
It received an adult occupant protection score of 94 per cent, a child occupant protection score of 89 per cent, a vulnerable road user protection score of 72 per cent, and a safety assist score of 73 per cent.
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane-keep assist
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Traffic sign recognition and adaptive speed limiter
- Safe exit warning
- Driver attention monitoring
- Adaptive cruise control
- Reversing camera with front and rear parking sensors
- Front, front-side and curtain airbags
The R-Dynamic S comes standard with the following equipment:
- 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wired Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Keyless entry and start
- Dual-zone climate control
- LED headlights
- Power tailgate
- 12-way power front seats
- 40:20:40 split-fold rear seats with centre armrest
- Leather or textile/Ultrafabrics upholstery
- Six-speaker 180W sound system
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Heated, power-folding exterior mirrors
- Automatic headlights
- Paddle shifters in Satin Chrome
- Metal pedals
- Chrome treadplates
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Dynamic rear indicators
- Terrain Response 2
- All Terrain Progress Control
- Hill descent control
- 20-inch alloy wheels
An optional Technology Pack adds:
- ClearSight rear-view mirror
- Touch Pro Duo (second digital display for climate controls)
- Head-up display
- Digital instrument cluster
The R-Dynamic SE adds:
- Premium LED headlights with ‘signature’ daytime running lights and automatic levelling
- Automatic high-beam
- Dynamic front indicators
- 12-way power front seats with driver’s memory
- Touch Pro Duo
- Digital instrument cluster
Both the S and SE are available with the $2270 Dynamic Handling Pack, which adds Configurable Dynamics, Adaptive Dynamics, and red brake callipers.
The R-Dynamic HSE adds:
- Matrix LED headlights
- Configurable Dynamics
- 14-way power front seats with driver’s memory
- 12-speaker 650W Meridian sound system
There are several option packages available across the range.
The $1360 Convenience Pack adds:
- Hands-free power tailgate
- Power-adjustable steering column
- Activity Key
The $1120 Cold Climate Pack adds:
- Heated windscreen
- Heated washer jets
- Heated steering wheel
Standalone options include:
- 14-way heated and cooled front seats with driver’s memory and heated rear seats: $2420-4130 depending on variant
- Full Extended Leather Upgrade: $2125-2530
- Head-up display: $1300
- Second-row air vents and temperature control: $1000
- Secure Tracker Pro: $955
- Illuminated treadplates: $890
- In-car wi-fi: $800
- Cabin Air Purification: $777
- Activity Key: $750
- Heated steering wheel: $690
- Privacy glass: $690
- Advanced Tow Assist: $660 (requires surround-view camera and Touch Pro Duo)
- Tyre-pressure monitoring: $580
- Surround-view camera: $500
- Solar attenuating windscreen: $430
- Premium cabin lighting: $410
- DAB digital radio: $400
- Power-adjustable steering column: $380
- Front fog lights: $330
- Hands-free power tailgate: $170
As is typical of a Jaguar Land Rover product, there are further options and accessories available including myriad seating configurations, trim options and wheel designs.
Additionally, standard features on higher grades are almost always available as options on lower grades.
We recommend consulting the Land Rover website for more information.
Ostuni Pearl White has replaced Yulong White for 2022.
Fuji White solid remains the standard colour
The palette continues to include the following metallic finishes:
- Santorini Black
- Firenze Red
- Seoul Pearl Silver
- Lantau Bronze
- Portofino Blue
- Eiger Grey
- Nolita Grey
Carpathaian Grey and Silicon Silver are $2020 options, with all other metallic finishes priced at $1480.
MORE: Everything Range Rover Evoque